Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Geofoam is a lightweight, geo-synthetic fill material that consists of closed-cell expanded polystyrene (EPS) and meets or exceeds the requirements of ASTM D6817 Standard Specification for Rigid Cellular Polystyrene Geofoam.
Advantages of using Trimtec Systems Geofoam:
- Low density/high strength: Geofoam is 1% to 2% the density of soil with equal strength.
- Predictable behavior: Geofoam allows engineers to be much more specific in the design criteria. This is very different than other lightweight fillers, such as soil, that can be very variable in composition.
- Inert: Geofoam will not break down, so it will not spread into surrounding soils. This means that geofoam will not pollute the surrounding soil. Geofoam can also be dug up and reused.
- Limited labor required for construction: Geofoam can be installed by hand using simple hand tools. This eliminates the investment and operating cost of heavy machinery.
- Decreases construction time: Geofoam is quick to install and can be installed during any type of weather, day or night, resulting in faster installation time.
Custom EPS Foam Geoform Projects:
Applications for Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Geofoam:
- Slope stabilization: using geofoam in order to reduce the mass that may be subject to failure, such as a landslide.
- Embankments: using geofoam allow for a great reduction in necessary side slopes compared to typical fills like natural soil.
- Retaining structures: geofoam's light weight will reduce the lateral force on a retaining wall or abutment.
- Utility protection: using geofoam to reduce the vertical stresses on pipes and other sensitive utilities..
- Pavement insulation: using geofoam under pavement where pavement thickness can be controlled by frost heave conditions.
Our online Catalog is in PDF format .
Mac OS X and Linux users should not require additional software to view our catalogs in the Adobe PDF file format, while users of Windows, older versions of Mac OS and many other operating systems can download Adobe Reader free of charge.
Download Trimtec Systems Geofoam Standards is in PDF format .
Design & Estimating
Don't see what you need? Through the use of CAD design and engineered computer cut construction techniques, we are able to produce virtually any design or style of Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Geo Foam.
Call us today! 614-820-0340. We will provide you with a FREE quote and answer any questions